Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Iberian Scutarii Have Arrived!

I have just received 50+ Iberian Scutarii, including a Chieftain, commanders, musicians and standard bearers, to be used as allies in my Carthaginian army. All figures are from Relic Miniatures and look to be extremely well sculpted with very interesting poses. My plan is to paint two full units of Spanish Scutarii with these figures and then in the future circle back and do more of these as I increase the number of units in the army.

My only issue now is finding a window of opportunity to get these primed and ready for painting at the end of December!


4 comments:

  1. I love ancient Spanish, I have an old DBM Polybian Roman army with Spanish allies (Ax(s)), they are one of my favorite elements in that army, they've always served me well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I think the Spanish will be a welcome force in my army for sure!

      Delete
  2. I'd really love to see how you get on with these guys - I'm doing something similar myself. I'd also like to see some of the Relic figures on this side of the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep the blog updated with the progress - I am very anxious to get started on these. The Relic figures are quickly becoming my favorite.

      Delete