Sunday, May 18, 2014

Taking Stock

After six months of being away I needed to take stock of where I am on my Punic Wars project and set some new goals for getting some things completed. I have picked back-up the Republican Romans and I am making some rapid progress on a small unit of principes. My stock of unpainted Romans is getting smaller and, after I complete this current unit, will have only one more unit of principes and one unit of triarii to paint to complete exactly half of my first legion's infantry.

Time to get another order in to Aventine. In addition to ordering the other half of the legion's infantry (two units of velites, two units of hastati, two units of principes and one unit of triarii) I will also be ordering some Roman cavalry at the same time so I can be sure to get those started soon.

I'm planning on having a small game of Hail Caesar with my son Maxwell in a few weeks. Carthaginians versus the might of Rome. I'm excited to move some units around the table again, but I am pretty sure I have forgotten nearly every rule of Hail Caesar. Time to read the book again.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back in blogland again Jonathan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you get to play with your boy :)

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will all come back to you once you get a good read through. Got to be great getting backto painting after a long break

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Planning and submitting an order for figures is a great step towards getting back into action. An order to Aventine Miniatures is a fitting start!

    ReplyDelete