Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tutorial: Painting Bronze Armor

I have been painting a lot of bronze recently and I am happy with both my method and the results. I have a simple four step process that I follow that produces consistent results that, in my opinion, look great on the gaming table. Many people have commented and asked about the process I use, so I thought I would share a quick tutorial for those interested.

I use mostly Games Workshop paints and washes currently. The process should work with similar products from other manufacturers, although I have not tried it.

Step one: Apply a nice gold base such as Gehenna's Gold by GW.

Step two: Apply an orange wash such as Seraphim Sepia by GW.

Step three: Apply a dark brown wash such as Agrax Earthshade by GW.

Step four: Drybrush using the original gold base color.

5 comments:

  1. Filed away. When I get to paint ancients in 28mm, I'll be giving this a go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, just tried it with great results!

    ReplyDelete