Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Maxwell Paints a Carthaginian

I was lucky enough this past weekend to spend some time with my 11-year old son Maxwell at the painting table. He has painted a Space Marine or two last year for the heck of it, but on Saturday he really wanted to give painting a historical figure a try and so we sat elbow-to-elbow at the smallish table together painting and talking about life, school and ancient history. I really can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

All of the color were carefully chosen by Maxwell and I think he did a fantastic job. He is now talking about painting a small unit of these guys and basing them all together - I am all for it!


10 comments:

  1. I think he did a fantastic job especially on the linen and skin. What make is the figure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FMB! That is a Gripping Beast figure.

      Delete
  2. Your son did a great job. He's got a sharp eye and sense for color Buy anything he wants to paint...this flame could become a fire!

    One of our club members has both of his boys painting and playing historical and fantasy. I've had both of my kids at the painting table but they got older and drifted away. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty! He is pretty proud of his work and I am proud of him. And yes, I will get him anything he wants to paint at this point... :)

      I'm hoping this is something we can do together for years to come.

      Delete
  3. Nice one - he seems to have a steady hand and a good eye. Here's to many more afternoons spent in such a fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting quality is really good, I was surprised at how well he did. I have had my kids painting so I know how nice it is

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top job Maxwell!!! You'll be paying him to paint your figures up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good. A painting buddy is always an amazing thing too. Helps keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the all comments and encouragement for Maxwell guys. You really made his day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive - clearly the painting talent has been passed down from father to son!

    ReplyDelete