Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Most Beautiful Model in the World

After experiencing the high quality of Relic Miniatures with their models of Ligurian slingers, I purchased the Hannibal model and I can honestly say that it is the most detailed and beautifully sculpted figure I have ever seen. The set includes Hannibal standing in a regal pose with his cloak draped over one arm, a beautiful and majestic steed, and a model of Hannibal riding. I am planning on having Hannibal standing next to the horse rather than mounted for his command base.

The figures are made of pewter and have some striking details like the crescent moon symbol on the horse's straps, a decorative motif on Hannibal's helmet and armor, and the ring worn on Hannibal's finger. Where other models are often clumsy and monstrous, this figure from Relic is refined and delicate. The proportions of both the horse and Hannibal's are absolutely perfect.

I couldn't be happier with this model and I am very much looking forward to hopefully doing it justice when I begin painting.




2 comments: