Friday, August 10, 2012

Time in the Mountains and Goals for the Weekend

I've spent the greater part of this week on vacation in Breckenridge, Colorado with my son and wife. We enjoyed the mountains, hiking, the pool and the cooler weather - but all of that recreation didn't result in any progress on my ECW project, but that is probably a good thing as I am excited to spend some time on painting this weekend.

My goal for this weekend is to get two bases (8 figures) of pike fully painted and based. That might be a lofty goal as I am sure there are some errands around the house I need to attend to, but I'm going to try nevertheless.

I did put another order into Eureka USA for some additional figures for the Highland warband unit I am planning on adding to the Badenoch Royalist Battalia (that is Pike & Shotte speak - I guess groups of units are called Battalia in those rules).

Speaking of rules, I do plan on playing some games with all these little army men I am painting. But, it looks more than likely that I will need to provide both sides of the conflict to have any playing partners - so I will be alternating finishing regiments for the Royalists and Covenanters for awhile, which means I need to start thinking of the Covenanter regiment that I want to work on next.

1 comment:

  1. I just had a weeks break in my painting due to going on holiday, came back super charged so a break is good

    Ian

    ReplyDelete